In the second project, we will design a PCB for a seven segment display circuit. The circuit is a slightly modified one from the Arduino Step by Step course, from the lecture on the seven segment display.
If you haven’t watched that lecture, don’t worry, it won’t affect your ability to follow this project here.
We will start with a wiring diagram and convert it into a Kicad schematic. We will use components that already are available in the schematic library.
We will then convert the schematic into a 2-layer PCB.
During this process, you will learn how to use several new Kicad features:
* Configuring components with their values,
* Working with integrated circuits and their hidden pins
* All about nets and net labels,
* The Power Flag,
* Using busses to simplify connections between components,
* The Unconnected flag,
* Controlling the track width with Nets,
* and, Adding a decorative graphic
These, alongside what you learned in the first project, represent eighty to ninety percent of the skills and features you will need for most of your PCB work.Back to top